Hi,

Marco Strack wrote:
After trying 3d stuff and restarting X, X is unusable. Even after warm boot of the machine X is not usable. When starting the login manager it takes about 3 minutes to get the picture completed. A shutdown/turnoff/restart "solves" the problem.

I have similar behaviour with my ProSavage. Most 3D stuff (like glxgears) works for the most part, but sometimes X will get really really slow. This has mostly happened when I came back to my machine after doing an xscreensaver lock (not sure which specific screensavers do this though). X will slow down incredibly, but if I ctrl-alt-F1 then after a minute I will get back to a tty (no speed problems there) and I can kill X. If I try to restart X it will still be super slow. I can modprobe -r savage, and then modprobe savage, and it will still be slow. If I try to modprobe -r agpgart it won't let me, saying that it is in use. If I modprobe -r via-agp, that process will freeze. If I then try to restart it will freeze up when trying to kill everything off. Then I have to hard reboot to get everything running again.

Jesse Merriman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Perforce Software. Perforce is the Fast Software Configuration Management System offering advanced branching capabilities and atomic changes on 50+ platforms. Free Eval! http://www.perforce.com/perforce/loadprog.html -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel