--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Where can I get / how can I build a DDX driver for the Unichrome
> chipset
> that will work with the DRI drivers?  I tried just pulling the code
> from
> unichorme.sf.net's xfree86 module into
> xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/via in my DRI tree.  I
> couldn't
> get that to build even after fixing the types that we've removed
> (i.e.,
> drmHandle, drmContext, etc.).
>
> Is there any chance the folks behind unichrome.sf.net could put
> something in the DRI tree? :)  I want to do some work on the
> client-side
> 3D driver, but I need a DRI enabled DDX driver to do it.  I'd *much*
> prefer buildable source over a binary because I think I may have to
> change some stuff in it.  For example, the code that creates
> GLXvisuals
> in via_dri.c looks wrong.

Ian, I don't know that there is a DDX that works with the Via DRI
driver in mesa.  As I recall, Erdi imported it for use with directfb or
fbdev.  I'm not sure anyone has actually tried to build X against the
DRI/mesa trees.  your best bet may be to just grab unichrome's tree or
grab the source Alan Cox fixed up.  On the other hand, I'm not really
an expert on VIA development, so I may be wrong.

Alex