Hi

Ian Romanick wrote:

Where can I get / how can I build a DDX driver for the Unichrome chipset that will work with the DRI drivers? I tried just pulling the code from unichorme.sf.net's xfree86 module into xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/via in my DRI tree. I couldn't get that to build even after fixing the types that we've removed (i.e., drmHandle, drmContext, etc.).

Is there any chance the folks behind unichrome.sf.net could put something in the DRI tree? :) I want to do some work on the client-side 3D driver, but I need a DRI enabled DDX driver to do it. I'd *much* prefer buildable source over a binary because I think I may have to change some stuff in it. For example, the code that creates GLXvisuals in via_dri.c looks wrong.

Hi!

Not long ago I made a small patch to the dri (xc) tree that made the via client side driver in Mesa build as via_dri.so, and it sort of worked. Glxgears and chromium ran fine, but more complicated things did not; Tuxracer resulted in a blank white screen; in the end, VIA's binary driver worked much better.

Now, apparently some type names have changed, like drmcontext, which probably in the end also affects unichrome's XvMC dri driver, and the via dri client in Mesa no longer builds in the xc tree.

Is there a thread that describes the recent changes?
I could try to patch up the unichrome 2d client driver to compile in the dri xc tree.

/Thomas

From Windows to Linux, servers to mobile, InstallShield X is the one

From Windows to Linux, servers to mobile, InstallShield X is the
one installation-authoring solution that does it all. Learn more and