On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 06:39:54PM +0000, Pottinger, Hardy J. wrote:
> To anyone following along, Ben Ryan's description below is spot-on. It
> would be worth copying part of his message into the documentation. If I
> feel sufficiently full of pique, I might do so myself, though my day is
> pretty full of distractions already... I won't be offended if someone
> beats me to it.

OK, I may be dense this week, but I'm still uncertain.  This is a good
explanation of how Shibboleth lazy login works, but I still don't see
the one thing that a DSpace installer wants to know:

  What is the algorithm for calculating the proper value for
  lazysession.loginurl, at my site, from my site's Apache configuration
  (which may be different from yours and everyone else's) and my site's
  Shibboleth configuration (which also may be different from yours and
  everyone else's)?  What files do I need to read, what values should
  I look for, and how do I combine them to yield this local-path that
  DSpace wants?

The answer to that question would be proper documentation for this
feature of DSpace.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.