Hi Andrea, hi Helix,

First of all thank you both for your replies.

Your question is a very good one. I entirely agree. Unfortunately I am
not aware of a ElasticSearch client library.
Before integrating ElasticSearch in our DSpace I have not worked with ES
before, meaning I followed the guides
(http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/java-api/) and looking at
the Maven repository
(http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.elasticsearch) I can't see a java
client lib either.

Looking at Solrj it seems that version 3.3, which DSpace 1.8 is using,
is depended on lucene, but Solrj 4.4 is not. (That does not help in its
own right - but going in the right direction.)

I would very much like to get out of that upgrade, I just can't see how
at the moment.

Best regards,
Anja