Il 13/08/2013 14:55, Anja Le Blanc ha scritto:
> Hi Andrea, hi Helix,
>
> First of all thank you both for your replies.
>
> Your question is a very good one. I entirely agree. Unfortunately I am
> not aware of a ElasticSearch client library.
Ok, I was not aware of that too. Looks like there is not a separated lib
that include only the client staff...

> Before integrating ElasticSearch in our DSpace I have not worked with
> ES before, meaning I followed the guides
> (http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/java-api/) and looking
> at the Maven repository
> (http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.elasticsearch) I can't see a
> java client lib either.
>
> Looking at Solrj it seems that version 3.3, which DSpace 1.8 is using,
> is depended on lucene, but Solrj 4.4 is not. (That does not help in
> its own right - but going in the right direction.)
true... lucene-core dependency vanish in 3.5
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.solr/solr-solrj/3.5.0

I'm not sure if this can work but you can try to just upgrade the solrj
client to 3.5.
If you are using discovery the other dependencies from lucene-core can
just be ignored as they are required by the dspace built-in lucene
search provider

Andrea

--
Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it