Il 15/08/2013 12:56, Anja Le Blanc ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> Some update:
> After fighting dependencies, especially logging libraries, I discovered
> that not only SolrJ is using Lucene but DSpace uses it directly in its
> search. And naturally Lucene has change a good deal between versions.
This is true only if you don't use discovery. If you turn on discovery
you can just ignore the "legacy" dspace search system based on lucene.
Discovery was available out-of-box in 1.8 for XMLUI (just require some
configuration changes). If you use JSPUI you have two routes:
- upgrade to dspace 3.x where discovery is available
- use or look to the dspace-cris 1.8.2 sources where discovery is
present
https://github.com/CILEA/DSpace/releases/tag/dspace-cris-1.8.2.1-beta

Andrea

> End of that road. I am now rewriting our ElasticSearch interaction using
> HTTP posts/gets to get rid of the ElasticSearch dependency.
>
> Best regards,
> Anja
>

> On 13/08/2013 15:35, Anja Le Blanc wrote:
>> Hi Helix,
>>
>> We were using ES 20.6 before - that did not cause a problem. I got the
>> same dependency as you in Maven just with a different version. They just
>> have one 'catch all' jar or ES.
>>
>> At the moment I am considering upgrading Solrj to 3.5 which does not
>> have a dependency on Lucene. That might solve the problem without having
>> to upgrade Solr itself.
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>> Anja
>>

>> On 13/08/2013 14:07, helix84 wrote:
>>> This is what we use for ES stats:
>>> https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-3.1/dspace-api/pom.xml#L421
>>>
>>> Here's the JavaDoc and source:
>>> http://elasticsearch.spantree.net/
>>> https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/

>>> Does this help?
>>>
>>> http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/java-api/client/
>>> http://elasticsearch.spantree.net/elasticsearch/HEAD/org/elasticsearch/client/transport/TransportClient.html
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> ~~helix84
>>>
>>> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette
>>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

>> List Etiquette:
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

> List Etiquette:

Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria
Divisione Ricerca

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it