Hey,

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
[...]
unless released by the user. Our IMAP system keeps any message
for 8 days, before it is removed and if quarantine messages were
stored there, they would end up consuming disk resources and backup
resources far longer than the current setup. I guess that one idea
[...]

Well, in the current case the the quarantain still consumes disk and backup* resources, it's just more difficult to handle :)

Or you mean the quarantain holds messages for 8 days? Well, old messages could be purged out of the IMAP quarantain foders too, every day by a short script.

Peter

PS: *well, if you backup dspam spool. You should, imho.