From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kenneth Marshall
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:36 PM
To: Bolla P?ter
Cc: dspam-dev@lists.nuclearelephant.com
Subject: Re: [dspam-dev] PHP UI alternative to dspamCC

One of the advantages of the current DSPAM quarantine is that the ham/spam messages are not delivered to the production mail system unless released by the user. Our IMAP system keeps any message for 8 days, before it is removed and if quarantine messages were stored there, they would end up consuming disk resources and backup resources far longer than the current setup. I guess that one idea would be to have a separate IMAP server for the DSPAM UI.

Regarding the performance of the UI. The activity plots are nice, but they parse the entire logfile each time they are built. It would be nice to cache just the information for the display for historical data to avoid the need to re-read the logfile over and over. This would allow us to keep the daily activity for a longer period without impacting the display update time.

Some ideas.
Ken