I agree with Ron. The loss is negligible.  But transmitter noise or desense
(these are separate and distinct issues) could be a more significant problem
since the TR separation is usually 600 kHz, and may now be 400 kHz in Northern
California.  Another poster indicated a major improvement by replacing these,
but there was no before and after measurement data provided to verify a
problem.  I don't operate a VHF system, but a noise and desense test using the
discriminator output and a 50 ohm load on the rear transmitter port would prove
this.

Greg Forrest
N6LDJ

W6YYY/W6UUU Trustee
440.0375 +5MHz Voice (Oakland, CA)
444.0375 +5MHz Voice (Pleasanton "Garage", CA)
925-337-4444
[EMAIL PROTECTED]