Hah, lets not go down that rat hole again. ;)

I wasn't referring to the power handling capability of the mobile
duplexers, as I was more trying to make the point of how broad their
pass is.

With an easily overloaded RX (think a mobile masquerading as a
repeater receiver... ala D-STAR and others), in a typical high RF
repeater site, a mobile duplexer is inviting trouble.

I have a bunch of old Harris radios, with said mobile duplexers built
in, and they work great in our high-speed packet backbone, with links
using between 5 and 30W. BUT, they also have a manually tuned
pre-selector on the front end to keep all the "junk" out.

Cheers!

Lee

--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, Charles Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lee:
>
> Sorry, but just because I'm feeling contrary today I have to ask.
Didn't