I'v tuned a number of the UHF 6 cavity versions and seem to get over 80 db
notch.  Know the spec is usually 70 or less.  Has anyone else seen this???  Not
sure what they do over temp.

Mostly I've used these small duplexers that were initially set up for 455-465
range, still they tune in 440.

Yes, the pass is very broad.  One reason to go to a base type as well as when
using over 50 watts.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: ve7fet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/06/27 Fri PM 01:33:57 EDT
>To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [dstar_digital] Re: Inside Chassis coax - lossy

>That's a pretty broad statement that needs a qualifier... they work
>well "in the proper application".
>
>Most UHF "mobile" duplexers, are just simple notch types that will
>offer you some isolation from your own transmitter, but not from
>anything or anyone else. Even then, you only get about 65dB of
>isolation... so you better be using low power.
>
>They work "well" for portable repeaters and duplex subscriber units...
>real repeaters use real duplexers.
>
>Lee

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575