Ernie,

I've noticed talk of 400 kHz splits on 2 meters.  Wonder why not 500 kHz.  Most
base type 2 meter duplexers will do 400 kHz, some 300, but the insertion loss
goes up normally the narrow the offsets.  I can see 400 kHz over 600 allowing
for more pairs, but 500 would do same number.

Have to think about this.  At 400 could get more pairs, but some outputs would
be on others inputs so really would not get more usage.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Ernest Kapphahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/06/27 Fri PM 09:25:19 EDT
>To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [dstar_digital] Re: Inside Chassis coax - lossy

>Yes, we tuned a Celwave 6 can mobile UHF duplexer to 100 db using an
>IFR and and a return loss bridge. It's the best one I've seen, as most
>are in the 75 to 85 db range.
>
>When Telewave recently retuned our 6 can full sized 2 meter duplexer
>for our new 400 kHz split, they were happy to hear that it was a
>digital system and the deepest and narrowest notches could be used to
>achieve maximum notch.
>Ernie
>W6KAP

Ron Wright, N9EE