From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Nate Duehr
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:08 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: Honest questions .....

Very well put, Ed. I agree with your sentiments about open vs. closed
and how it can be applied to different pieces of D-STAR differently, and
that was the whole point of my reply and questions.

Comparing D-STAR to iPhone is somewhat an Apples-to-Oranges (pun
intended? - GRIN!) comparison though.

Try comparing D-STAR development to say, development for a P25 repeater
or development for MotoTRBO. Let's stick to similar products doing
similar things.