hi George, thanks for the reply. I am using microkeyer2 to usb to win7 pro and DX4WIN. The preference CW tab has Device type set to WinKey, Interface set to com4, external keyer set to com4. When you select keyboard keyer window in DX4WIN, a window opens with can not open com port 4. I am having the same issues trying to get DX4WIN to open MMTTY and Settings in the microham router are set as spec in help file and nothing works with DX4WIN. Stand alone and Writelog, both winkey and MMTTY work perfectly... so it is an issue with DX4WIN and microham router... I just don't know how to resolve! thanks, Cort K4WI

George <mailto:goofy...@rochester.rr.com>
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 12:47 PM
Cort;
I have my WinKey connected to my Kenwood TS-990 and using DX4WIN. The set-up has been working fine for over 1 year now when I run my remote operation. You must have Com port communications from your computer to the WinKey and that Com port assigned in DX4WIN preferences, CW tab.
The "device type" is set to WinKey.
External Keyer is set to the Com port that is communicating with the WinKey.
I suspect you do not have the WinKey talking to the computers com port.
George  W2YJ