It could be argued  that the question of capitalgain/loss does not occur
unless you 'cash in' or bail out your e-gold.

You are actually holding gold not a currency set against it as far as I know.

Also tax offices also look at intention.  If you are holding gold as a reserve
or as an investment the case for capital gain/loss is clear.  but if you are
holding it for transactional purposes  the case is no clearer than if you are
using fait funds for transaction purposes which also may rise and fall in the
market against other currencies.  If you buy english oounds to buy something
in the uk  and during the transaction the pound rises suddenly have you made a
capital gain?

A capital gain is based on the investment of funds for into a investment body
or subject which then returns a value ghigher than the original investment and
only if the funds are then retrieved.

This might all sound niaive and tell me if it doesnt make sense.>=====
Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====