> The issue of whether e-gold is valid currency is not the issue.  It is the
> very fact that it might be treated as such that gives problems.
>
> And even if you cleared out the e-gold on each transaction, it is just too
> complex an accounting problem for serious businesses to deal with.  With
the
> caveat being tax-exempt businesses and transactions.

I tend to disagree with this, especially for businesses. I kept a complete
record of my activity last year, in Quicken, and Quicken calculated the
capital gains for me at the end of the year.

The only drawback is that all transactions must be recorded in your
accounting program, and most businesses do this anyway.

Craig