> can someone condense the recent spread arguments down to a
> sentence or paragraph?
>
> am i right in thinking everyone thinks exchangers should have
> a spread between bid and ask, but are discussing how that
> spread should be centered?

Hello Jay,

It does appear that most people agree that MM are doing a great job and
hence deserve to live. So yes, there is no question about there being a
spread.
However, I am arguing that in-exchange should be at spot and people should
be punished for trying to out-exchange. It makes things more profitable
for e-gold easier for normal users and for exchangers nothing much would
change.
The ones that would bear the backlash of this change are the merchants,
who can simply adjust their prices accordingly and everybody benefits.

So yep, spread has to be, now surcharge on e-gold purchases just doesn't
kick as well as a punitive discount on e-gold sales would. Get them in,
make them comfortable and if they want to leave, then they'll have to
leave 5% of their dollars in gold behind.

JP,
you and me, we both know that it's not that simple, as much as we'd like
it to be. For e-gold to become a viable substitute for paper, we need much
much much more trade, infrastructure, users, etc. Well and that is why I'm
spending all this time here, trying to convince some of the senior members
to look behond their plate and think out of the box...

Cheers,
Robert.

PS - I need more post allocations :o)

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html