jrw wrote:

can someone condense the recent spread arguments down to a
sentence or paragraph?

Jay, here are some good points from Robert:

For some strange reason all gold currencies penalize users by keeping
entry costs high and exit costs low.

And this:

Let's reverse the system. Sell at spot plus a fixed processing fee of, say
$5.00 (plus whatever risk premium for credit card sales), while charging
4-6% to buy gold back.
It will entice new entrants and will increase purchase volumes (if you
charge a fixed processing fee of $5, the number of people who will buy
$500 worth at a time will increase drastically). And by making your money
from the merchants who need to outexchange, you have a regular supply of
revenue, independent of the spot price.

And this:

IF YOU SELL GOLD AT SPOT, I'M READY TO ACCEPT 5% DEDUCTIONS FOR
OUTEXCHANGES, SIMPLY BECAUSE I PAY 5% TO CREDIT CARD COMPANIES ANYWAY AND
HAVE THE ADDED RISK OF CHARGEBACKS !!!

-- Patrick

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.