--

On 9 Jul 2003 at 9:04, James M. Ray wrote:
> Agreed. I'm sure more information will come in time, but I'm
> also sure that 100% of the people (possibly including you!)
> will never be satisfied.  Others (including me!) will say
> that knowing who Kenny Boy Lay is didn't help Enron
> shareholders very much...

The fact that existing state sponsored institutions for
protecting smaller shareholders failed is a reason for building
better ones, not a reason for not having such institutions at
all.  For all we know the guys issuing these shares have just
come out of several bankruptcies and a long jail term for
financial fraud.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     G6CQoVynmihl/hJ6zBNjMo8Ef2IBnBJ0eoKWj1d3
     4bT88bMk8lU7oGRkfp5K/OreAt02OAtWfAQ/S3Jq/