What Keeland states is exactly true!  The selection of one of these =
units is 100% based on what your needs!  NPS required us to us to have =
99% precision in order for others to come in and duplicate the study =
with a large degree of assurance.  Most studies aren't worried about =
replication 50years from now, and the exact position isn't so vital.  =
With small amphibians and reptiles and inverts, microhabitats within a =
few meters can significantly alter data (some salamanders spend their =
whole life under the same rock!).  Bison on the other hand are more =
dependent (at least its my impresssion) on wider ranges of habitat so =
the precision and accuracy are less vital. =20
=20
Bottom line, your going to have to consider your study and decide for =
yourself! :)
=20
Malcolm L. McCallum
Assistant Professor