As an editor of a journal I have been surprised to find only a single time
in five years that a review was possibly unfair,
and that one was unfairly positive.  It has been refreshing to find that
most people review manuscripts objectively despite
personal disgruntlements with individuals or disagreements with selected
methodology.  They tend to be fair.

Occasionally, a reviewer is unnecessarily insulting or gruff.....I
personally believe this is uncalled for.

People worry too much about reviewers.

Malcolm

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Fall (odd years) Teaching Schedule:
Vertebrate Biology - TR 10-11:40;
General Ecology - MW 1-2:40pm;
Forensic Science -  W 6-9:40pm

Spring (even) years:
Vertebrate Histology - TR 1-2:40pm
Genetics - MW 1-2:40pm
Herpetology - W 6-10pm

Summer (even years):
Wildlife Biology
Wildlife Techniques

Fall (even years):
Ecology
Molecular Cell Biology
Vertebrate Biology

Spring (odd) years:
Genetics
Landscape ecology & GIS
Environmental Physiology

Summer (odd years):
Vertebrate Field Biology

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
           and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
         MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not