You are correct.  The mapper runs under windows and is the same regardless of
which platform you are running the engine on.  However, when a new version comes
out, the NT version hits the street first with all of the functionality there is
a bit of delay if you are running on another platform such as AIX.  We are
currently waiting on some v2.1 "pieces" to be complete in the AIX environment
before we upgrade to that release.

Thanks
Jonathan Showalter
Omaha, NE

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          brian        |
|        |          lehrhoff     |
|        |          <blehrhof@cyb|
|        |          ernex.net>   |
|        |                       |
|        |          01/11/2000   |
|        |          08:56 AM     |
  |       To:     Jonathan Showalter/MutualOMA                                 |
  |       cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      |
  |       Subject:     Re: EDI & ANY to XML translator - opinions wanted       |

The mapper is the same in all versions :)

You've discovered one trick about Mercator - the unix flavor runs much faster.
I've
seen the API in action, and it's even faster.  Unfortunately it's a bear to
install.