Hi Lissa,

As far as I know our GEFEG EDIFIX (R) is the only one of the so called
"Pre-EDI" or "EDI productivity tools" which deals with more than a single
EDI standard and its specification in a MIG, but also with the relationship
between two formats/MIGs. GEFEG EDIFIX (R) can produce mapping documentation
as well as deliver several converter products with the raw, logical mappings
in their specific script formats.

An example of mapping documentation shows the mapping from an incoming phone
invoice of Deutsche Telekom into a fixed fields in-house format:
http://www.gefeg.com/elfe/mp1.htm
(Normally our users map from or towards SAP IDocs, but I did not find an
example on our Web Site)

A good illustration for how we deliver mapping data and specifications is
our interface to Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000 ( sorry that it is not yet
translated into English, but I think the screenshots are self-explanatory):
http://www.gefeg.com/de/modul/biztalk/mapping.htm
http://www.gefeg.com/de/modul/biztalk/index.htm

Of course you can use EDIFIX' functionality with almost all known EDI
standards as well as with your in-house formats. Other functions included in
GEFEG EDIFIX (R) are:
- generating test data and test productive data
- XML/EDI modul, wich helps to bring "traditional EDI semantics" into XML
syntax
http://www.gefeg.com/en/standard/xmledi/index.htm
- EDI-2-Printer function
http://www.gefeg.com/en/standard/xmledi/files/sweet.xml
- user-definable layouts for all reports, examples:
http://www.gefeg.com/work/
- an OLE interface allows to use EDIFIX' complementary functions even in
productive EDI systems
- reverse documentation from productive EDI messages (I did it with a whole
years X12 850 production two years ago for a customer in California, it
worked even for me, the development manager, impressively)

More information about GEFEG EDIFIX and GEFEG's Pre-EC activities you can
find at:
http://www.gefeg.com/en/index.htm

And the best, for people using USD as currency,  GEFEG EDIFIX (R) is
presently rather cheap, because it comes from Euroland and we invoice in
EUR.

Best regards,
Frank Dreisch
www.gefeg.com