Quoted text is from <014e01c0bb88$12c4af00$6e42f4d1@0q69u>, by Rachel
Foerster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>You may be right. However, each enterprise wishing to use an EDI management
>system must make its own determination as to how best to integrate that
>utility with its internal applications. For some enterprises, using some
>external company's proprietary file format may make sense, but for others,
>being able to directly integrate and interface between any EDI management
>system and any internal application system might be a better choice....and
>certainly provides much more independence of function.

That it is a 'horses for courses' decision is something I would not
disagree with for a moment. My response was prompted by the fact that I
had originally thought much as you did, but was reluctantly forced to
accept that a technically less efficient approach which largely
encapsulated the detailed EDI knowledge into a black box which was then
accessed via something akin to a repository made life easier in
practice. Our clients only deal with one EDI system (ours) which
obviously colours my attitude somewhat!

Regards
Chris

--
Chris Johnson  +44 (0)20 8501 1490 (home)
EDIMatrix Ltd  +44 (0)20 8559 2454 (work)