Bonjour Micheal,

First I will say that I'm personally against all those 800lb gorillas that
want to charge fees for doing EDI or E.C.(Electronic Commerce).
EDI/E.C. when properly used & integrated is a win win game for both parties.
Every company has to pay when enhancing their way of doing business
regardless if it's EDI, faxes, email...
EDI/E.C. is part of the way to do business today.
When people start to use the fax nobody was charging back Trading Partners
for the cost of the paper or long distance charges.
It should be the same for doing EDI/E.C.  unless there is a very very
special situation.
If you start paying for one Partner, keep in mind that you are opening the
doors for other ones.
I think there is an expression in English for this; "opening a can of
worms"....

On the other hand do, I found more acceptable charging fair "handling fees"
to Partners that does not want to use EDI/E.C.  to reduce transactional cost
for regular business transactions (POs, Invoices...).

This is my personal opinion,

Have a nice day,

Robert Richer
Coordonnateur Commerce Électronique
Electronic Commerce Coordinator
IPEX Inc.
Édifice du Port de Montréal / Port of Montreal Building
Aile 3, 1ier étage, Cité du Havre / Wing 3, 1st floor, Cite du Havre
Montréal, Qc / Montreal, Qc
H3C 3R5

Tél.: (514) 861-7221 ext.: 233
        1-800-363-2620