In his post, Earl asks a valid question....  and many have replied 
with valid ideas, answers and solutions....

But it sparked another question in My mind - and one that is related 
to two aspects of Earl's original post:

1 - 997 FAs

2 - timing....

If you don't know (or have forgotten), I'm the EDI Coordinator for a 
big retail chain...  we've got over 350 stores in 10 Western 
states.  Personally, I've been in charge of creating and modifying 
our mapping specs and seeing a 1000% growth in our EDI progrom (from 
40 trading partners to well over 500) in just a few years time....  
We trade the 850 and the 856, with the resultant 997 FAs and I'm 
working on our 810 spec currently.

But here's My question for the group:

WHEN do you expect the 997 FA document to arrive in relation to the 
document you have sent out...?  If you send a document to a trading 
partner, how soon after the send should that 997 FA arrive, showing 
that their system has received that document...?

In My own system, I have a lee-way of 2 days/48 hours....  If I send 
out a PO, the lack of a 997 doesn't show up on My delinquent FA 
report for 2 days... PO sent on Monday, missing FA report on 
Wednesday....

I've received contacts from trading partners - sometimes just a few 
hours after a document was sent to Me - wondering where the FA is.  
Usually, it's a day after the document was sent....  With our 
system, I run document sends 3 times a day - at 6:30 AM, 2:30 PM and 
4:20 PM (Pacific Time Zone).  I also receive at those same times 
each day, as well as manual pulls throughout the day - just because 
I can.

So, if a TP sends an 856 on Monday afternoon or evening (after our 
final send/receive), the document will not hit My local system until 
Tuesday morning.  The FA will be generated but will NOT be sent 
until our 2:30 PM send time.

BTW, we use a form of AS2 - basically a secure http connection - to 
communicate.  But we're not always "on" - sending and and receiving 
data from the network all the time.

So, My question is, again, how long do you wait after you've sent a 
document to look for a return 997 FA...?

Craig Dunham
EDI Coordinator
Big 5 Sporting Goods

--- In [email protected], Earl Wertheimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Good morning ;-)
> 
> In the past, we've always generated X12 documents using the 
current time in our 
> time zone (EST).
> One of our clients is sending documents using UTC, so there is a 5 
hour 
> difference.  Eg.  We send at 09:46 EST and get a 997 at 14:51 UTC 
( 09:51 EST).
> 
> Do most other translators compensate for this time zone difference?
> 
> Is there a flag in the setup to change the time or a time zone for 
each 
> partner?
> 
> As far as I know, there is no Time Zone indicated in the ISA or GS 
segments.  
> 
> thanks
> 
> Earl Wertheimer
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.spe-edi.com
>




...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to