I've got situations like that, as well, with a few of My trading
partners - in which they're just a short drive from our DC.  As I would
be the same as Wal*Mart - in that I'm the receiver of the shipment and
the ASN - I don't know their routing processes.  For us, any shipment
MUST have a prior appointment for delivery.  Which means, basically,
Richard, that you'd better have that ASN ready and sent before the J&J
truck leaves the yard to drive a few blocks/miles to the Wal*Mart yard
for the appointed time of delivery.

But thanks, so far, to you guys (and gals) that have answered the
question....  It's one aspect of these kinds of groups that I find very
interesting - allowing all of us - whether trading partners or not - to
see how "the other side" functions....  When I was at the Inovis
Roadshow last month, that was one of the things that we all came away
with - a better understanding of our (and often WHY) our trading
partners did things....

Craig E. Dunham
EDI Coordinator
EYE Analyst
Big 5 Sporting Goods

-----Original Message-----
From: Hurd, Richard [SLCUS] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 9:30 AM
To: Dunham Craig E.; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Re: Time Zone question - a little off topic, but,
well, not really.


>>So, My question is, again, how long do you wait after you've sent a 
>>document to look for a return 997 FA...?

We look for one after 24 hours. But I also wanted to comment on the
point Leah brings up on ASNs, which is really valid - we need to be
right on top of them.  Our new DC in Tobyhanna, PA is right down the
street from the Wal-Mart DC in Toby.  Lots of fun trying to get an ASN
out on an hourly batch schedule when the truck leaves the yard, goes
down the block and pulls into the Wal-Mart yard.  Driver doesn't even
have to stop for coffee or anything.  :)



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to