From: EDI-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:EDI-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
ja...@jameshatcher.com
Sent: June 14, 2013 12:55 AM
To: Earl Wertheimer; EDI-L@yahoogroups.com; socal_ediguy
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Re: Loren Data vs. GXS.... The EDI Saga...

Earl I suggest you need to look at some of the newer Gateway solutions
in the market.
This is not about my company, competitive solutions address the issues
you raised:

I think the bigger problem with AS2 is that fact that it is
point-to-point. It
means that you have to maintain a larger number of connections, instead
of a
single connection with your VAN.

>> Trading Partner Management tools simplify this issue.
>>Example: HP currently handles over 15,000 global partner relationships from
>>one central gateway using one tool.

The AS2 certificates have to be renewed on a regular basis, and if you
have a
lot of Trading Partners, it becomes a bigger job to manage.

>> Key store with Certificate manager that issues and distributes new
>> certificates to partners. Automated ability to roll over to new certs when
>> the old ones expire eliminating any manual effort or down time due to
>> expired certs.
Example: Receive a replacement cert from a trading partner due to roll
over next week. Drop it in the roll over folder and you're done.

If you have 100 AS2 Trading partners and each cert is valid for 5 years
(5 x
200 working days) = 1000 days, then you will be updating certs every 10
days.

>> Fully automated as above. Go in once, set expiry / roll over schedules,
>> issue as needed, drop incoming in the roll over folder and let the system do
>> the work.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: