Hi Earl et al,

AS2 is not expensive – please check out N Software and  even companies like IBM
now have costs effective express AS2 packages.

 <http://www.nsoftware.com/order/options.aspx?part=BEJ9-V>
http://www.nsoftware.com/order/options.aspx?part=BEJ9-V

its $2500 for unlimited trade partners and they keep current with all the
licencing stuff etc.

Todd- for academic reasons what happens if SPS that is the gatekeeper at 100’s
of Retail accounts say that they will not accept interconnects from GXS and I
am sure we comeup with 100+ reasons of why

1)      same latency bull%$# or

2)      a low customer satisfaction score or

3)      reliability issues.

Then we would basically have the NFL and the AFL analogy – everybody on non-GXS
VANs refuse to connect to GXS and vice versa.  So if you have all the VAN’s on
your side then why don’t you simply stop interconnects to GXS  and then
customers will have to have 2 VAN’s – one in the GXS world and the other in the
non GXS world. As time goes by the GXS world will go the way of Betamax.

My 2 cents

Vijay