Rachel

> Vijay, just a thought re the non-uniqueness of today’s ISA identifiers
> – since telephone numbers are unique around the world as long as the
> proper country code is used, wouldn’t a telephone number offer the
> necessary uniqueness to identify ISA sender/receiver Just a thought.

Yes, that would work, except for the fact that companies move and change phone
numbers.

I remember trying to setup a 12-phonenumber ID, only to be told by the VAN,
that the number was already in use by another company.

The other company had been out of business for a long time, but trying to get
the VAN to release the number would have been more difficult that just using
some other ID.

I think this was for JCPenney, who does not allow alpha IDs.

Earl Wertheimer
ea...@spe-edi.com
http://www.spe-edi.com

<*> Your email settings: