Trev, G3ZYY wrote:

"Interestingly I received the same mail here.  I suspect that as we were
both in this group when the discussion about toroid winders took place
over a year ago and many of us were looking at various sites to do with
these machines, this is probably targeted advertising rather than blind "
The immediate impression I had when I received the "winder" e-mail was
that the spammer somehow knew I was an Elecrafter and that other
Elecrafters would possibly receive the same e-mail (apparently they
have).

If that is true, I wonder how he got my (or yours and others) e-mail
address because I have never searched the Web for a toroid winding
machine nor have I ever visited any spammer's Web site.

73, de Earl, K6SE