On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Douglas Westover wrote:

So I guess if Earl had said "I ran across this torrid winding machine that
might
be of interest to Elecrafters", and had made no mention of spam, it would
have
been okay?

Would that involve forwarding the spam message to the list?

Or perhaps he could have inserted a link to the appropriate site.

Sure....and perhaps instead of telling him he spammed the list with a spam message, some folks might point out to him that he referenced a site that uses
Spam to market its products.

We get links to supposedly reputable profit oriented organizations on the
reflector all the time: could any of these be possible spam? Hummmmm?

If those organizations used Spam to market their products/services than
one could advance the premise that be mentioning them, one is condoning their
use of Spam.

I beleive there are some folks who simply refuse to purchase goods/services
from organizations that use Spam to market those items.

Thom