Yes, KAT2 is a good option because it can tune almost anything.  I use KAT2 to
tune a 40 ft random wire and PTT at any time I like.  K160RX is not expensive.
If you order KAT2 + K160RX at the same time, you will save some shipping costs.

 cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Dave Sergeant <d...@davesergeant.com>
收件人﹕ Elecraft Reflector <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
傳送日期﹕ 2011/2/8 (二) 2:46:28 PM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] K2 Kit Questions

On 7 Feb 2011 at 16:51, Phil Hystad wrote:

> 2.  Question:  is the DSP filter worth the money?
>
> 3.  Question:  is the Audio filter useful?  Is the Audio filter still
> useful if I buy the DSP filter?

I am an exclusively CW op. I have the KAF2 fitted but it is never used.
It may be useful for SSB ops, but for CW the CW 400Hz filter does
everything you want - I have FL4 set to 200Hz but even that never gets
used.

I would endorse what others say, get the KAT2. If you intend to use it
for contesting then the KIO2 is essential for rig control. The KAT160
is also very handy for giving you the two antenna option even if you
don't use top band.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com