Phil -

I would definitely recommend considering the SSB option.  As another
person mentioned, you will need it if you are contemplating using one of
the data modes.  There is even the (remote) possibility you might want
to use SSB at least occasionally <grin>.

However, the beauty of the K2 is that you can add this option, and the
K160 module, which I predict you will eventually want too, at some
undefined later date.  Therefore, you don't have to plop down all the
cash at once, and building some modules later will help with the
inevitable "why am I not soldering something today?" feeling that will
come upon you once the K2 has been finished for a while.

Good luck with the K2.

- Jim,. KL7CC

Phil Hystad wrote:

> Thanks for all the comments in answer to my question about the K2 Kit.  <snip>

A possible follow-up question --- one recommendation I received (indirectly out
of band from this group) was that the SSB option was useful for the wider
filter even if you do not plan to do SSB.

<snip>