I must add one small point that I had NOT explained or addressed well,
at all!

- Yes, the mini-mic, or the small mic that is from Fry's will indeed work.

This plan will mean that one would have to pick up, and hold the radio,
I am assuming.  This, or the mic gain will have to be set rather high to
enable the proper audio will be made available to the transmitter.
(This higher gain setting might allow more "room noise," of course.)

If the desired use of the radio's "mini mic" is to be close-talked, to
MINIMIZE the possibility of "room noise," one would have to get closer
to the radio, possibly by leaning in, or by picking the KX3 up, and
operating it like a HT, as was previously suggested.  Yeah, still not
the best, I am thinking: There is the possibility of bumping a control
unintentionally, or having to "endure" the hardship of holding the radio
in one's hand(s) to achieve the HT-like environment.  (Nah; Hand mic
with PTT or VOX operation seems more attractive.)

73;    -Mike-    KØJTA