OK, how about an adaptter similar to What Yaesu offered for the VX
series HTs. It plugs into their 4-circuit mic jack and presented a new
jack with a 3-circuit. this was useful for cloning, digital work, or for
programming. I have 2 of them for my VX. The other cable splits the
4-circuit into two separate jacks for Mic and Speaker. which can be used
with 2-pin mics. My old FT-50 had this type.

Phillip
N8AYE