To answer your later email to me (Time sent was 4:27 PM, my local time);
Yes, I just now am viewing the "diagram," Wayne.

Earlier in the "original post" (Thu, 29 Dec 2011 08:22:53 -0800), I
believe you had mentioned:

"However, the mic jack can also be used with mics having a 3-circuit
(stereo) plug. These will not provide PTT or UP/DN controls, but can
still be used with VOX or the XMIT switch (equivalent to PTT)."

-Which I had understood to be that the 3-circuit (stereo) plug "...will
not provide PTT..." function.  (-In other words, per the clip above, a
3-circuit plug would be DENIED functional access to the desired PTT
function.)  Well, this latest information does not seem to reflect this
same point!  -And this is very welcome news!  (Thank you!)

Bottom line:  Call off the dogs!  The 3-circuit plug appears to indeed
be permitted the coveted PTT function!  Ya-HOOO!

73, and I again thank you for your very patient clarification.  Now,
START MAKING THEM RADIOS!!!  It looks like you have an extremely fine
product!

-Mike-
KØJTA