On 6/18/2012 8:47 AM, Jim Miller wrote:
> Those woods provide the stealth
> for my dipole and hexbeam.

Great. Some of my antennas are in the woods.  Dark colored wire and
relatively small wire can be pretty stealthy. The black rope sold by Ham
Radio Outlet is pretty strong and also quite stealthy. Be careful with
this rope strung over tree limbs though -- it can fray as the trees move
in the wind, and will eventually break.

My towers in the woods are painted a dull brown color, and I've wound
black tape around the boom of my SteppIR. If you want to bury coax, go
to Davis Buryflex. It's also OK to drape coax over to a tree and bring
it down next to the trunk, or to use a short length of smaller coax to
get down to the ground and then transition to larger coax for the rest
of the run to minimize loss.

73, Jim K9YC