From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ariel Jacala
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2012 1:36 PM
To: Ronald Nutter
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Counterpoise vs ground wire ?

We have had great success with end fed half wave dipoles made by LNR
Precision without the need for counter poise wires nor even tuners.
Specifically we have used the 40-20-10 multi and version which we used for
field day this year.  When properly tuned at first use, the SWR have been
below 1.5 for the bands it was designed for.  I use it all the time with KX1
without the need for an ATU.  I have made plenty of contacts into eastern
Europe which is better than a 1000 miles per watt on a KX1 when used as a
vertical or near vertical sloper.

Google Par end fed 40-20-10 and look at the reviews on eHam.

Ariel NY4G

Sent from my iPad