After seeing the note about creating a macro to toggle between two power levels
on the K3,  I thought I would try writing a macro for a triple toggle. With this
macro the K3 power output  can be toggled between 10W, 50W and 100W using the
PF2-HOLD key. If you prefer to TAP instead of HOLD, use one of the M1-4 keys and
change the SWH47 to the appropriate "SWTnn" number. Refer to the K3 Macro
tutorial.

This is being written not only for the K3 users who already know how to write
macros, but for those K3 users who have never done so and want to give it a try.
So please excuse the extra steps which must be performed that you already know
how to do.

Assuming that you already have the K3 Utility installed on your computer, turn
on your K3.
Start the K3 Utility and confirm that your K3 is communicating with your
computer.
Click the "Test Communications" tab.
Click "Port Test Communications". If successful you will get a box indicating
so.
Click the "Command Tester/K3 Macros" tab.
Click "Edit Macro"

Use the information below to populate the "Macro Label" boxes and the Macro
Commands" boxes for the macro number that you will be using.  At K1HTV I used
the K3's 5, 6 and 7 macros for the triple power toggle.  If you use other ones,
change the SWT29, SWT33 and SWT27 to the appropriate numbers for the macro
numbers you want to use. You can type in the info below, but you will probably
find it easier to simple cut and paste the commands (the ones with the
semicolons between) from this document into the K3 Utility macro boxes being
used.

Macro#     Label      (10W) (Macro)    (6)     (PF2H)  (Menu)
5               10W       PC010;MN110;SWT29;SWH47;SWT14;

                 Label      (50W) (Macro)    (7)       (PF2H) (Menu)
6              100W      PC100;MN110;SWT33;SWH47;SWT14;

                Label      (100W)  (Macro)   (5)      (PF2H)    (Menu)
7              100W      PC100;MN110;SWT27;SWH47;SWT14;

After you have filled in the "Macro Label" and :Macro Commands" boxes for Macro
5 (10W), Macro 6 (50W) and Macro 7 (100W) click on "Write Macros 1-8 to K3".

Next, at the K3:
Hold the MENU key.
Rotate the VFO-B dial until "MACRO" appears.
Tap the "5" on the keypad so the screen reads "MACRO 5".
Hold the PF2 key until "PF2 SET" appears.
Tap the MENU key.
Hold the MENU key again until MACRO appears.
Tap "6" on the keypad so the screen reads "MACRO 6".
Hold the PF2 key until "PF2 SET" appears.
Tap the MENU key.
Tap "7" on the keypad so the screen reads "MACRO 7".
Hold the PF2 key until "PF2 SET" appears.
Tap the MENU key.

Test by holding the PF2 key until either 10W, 50W or 100W appears briefly on the
LCD screen.
It should toggle between the three power levels each time you HOLD the PF2 key.

*** NOTE***
When writing lines of multi-line toggling macros, make sure the number for the
macro number following the MN110; is the macro number for the following line or
the toggle feature will not work.

Hope you find this info useful.

73,
Rich - K1HTV