On 7/19/2013 8:45 AM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
No, it is not still a problem.

I'm a retired audio professional, and I've always been happy with the K3's audio. I have always used headphones for serious operating, and have outboard speakers for "armchair" monitoring.

The only issues I have had with the K3 audio relate to really dumb implementation of the I/O (RF chokes in series with cable shields, transformers where they are not needed, 600 ohm resistors in series with transformer primaries, 600 ohm termination of inputs), some of which have been corrected.

73, Jim K9YC