Hi Bob -

I've used the SLUSB on both a K3 and a KX3 with success. The K3 had it hooked
to a MacBook AIr laptop; when I moved the SLUSB to my KX3, I hooked it to an
iMac. Nothing special needs to be done on the K3. In my case I ran native in
the Mac OS X environment. For PSK31 I used cocoaModem and for JT9 and JT65 I
used WSJT-X. Both apps work very well on both the K3 and the KX3 and both Mac
hardware platforms. Again, nothing "tricky" about using the SLUSB and the Mac.
The "trickyness" comes with the software apps you will be using!!! If your
shack experiences any sort of RFI from common mode RF, it can affect the SLUSB.
I had that issue and resolved it by winding the USB cable through a 2-1/4" mix
31 donut several times. Of course, getting rid of the common mode RF is the
best solution... :-)

Jim / W6JHB
Folsom, CA