Good Evening,
Mozart's symphony #40 is playing in the background and snow is falling as I write this. The fire is warm; it heated us as we ate a bit of leftover turkey. Sam (the cat) is enjoying his portion as well. Hiking to the top of the mountain showed us the surrounding mountains were covered in snow but the valley was still green. Then the clouds rolled through our location so we could only see a few feet. But since we were on the logging road we could easily find our way home. If we had been hiking cross country we would have had a harder time of it. Tomorrow evening at 2400z the non-WARC bands will become silent only to awaken a few seconds later to my preamble. I always enjoy the last few moments of a contest as ops dig for their last contact. The bands are filled with CW. Then the silence. It is a great way to start ECN. That is also one of the reasons why we start at that time. The ionosphere has been recharged by all those signals flying forth and back. In this case DX should lengthen our reach just a little ;) One can never tell. Thirty meters was fun for me yesterday evening. I only hope forty meters is as good tomorrow evening. But the contest effect may ease the way there too :) It is perfect weather for me to work on my antennas! Some of you don't even start to raise or repair one until the temperatures fall below freezing. I must learn from you all and raise a 40 meter antenna replacement in a few inches of snow. They must work better if you all wait until inclement weather occurs to do your work ;) Might help me dig out one of those foxes.

   Join us:
Sunday 2400z (Sunday 4pm PST) 14050 kHz
Monday 0300z (Sunday 7pm PST)  7045 kHz

Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for further details. Thank you for the web space Dan.