I took my K3 and KPA-500 to J6 in 2011 carry on. No issues. Just be prepared for them to take you aside and check it out.

I was stopped a few times and other time waved on by. I did talk to one of the TSA guys and he said that I should have been stopped each and every time because of what the stuff looked like under the xray.

They swabbed the rig and amp for explosives. No big deal. Just keep your ham license handy.

Mike W0MU