On 3/10/2014 9:50 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:

> Thanks guys for the input in TSA and the KX3.  I have also traveled
> extensively for work (domestic and international) but never have
> taken a radio anywhere.

We don't fly anymore (last trip was overseas 7 years ago) but take
AMTRAK on a regular basis - no inspections, no hassle, no problem using
the radio onboard.  When we did fly, the last time that a radio
(handheld) was questioned was in 1992 (pre-TSA).  The 2007 trip involved
six security checks and not once was my h-h questioned by TSA or the
foreign equivalents.

> P.S.  I never give TSA (or, anyone else) a bad attitude about anything.

I've been on the other side of the counter - 28 years as an FCC agent,
now safely retired - and I always appreciated folks that had "good"
attitude.
--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane  (the other Phil)
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon