Tuning in in the middle, but for my part, I’d much rather have multifunction
knobs and buttons than menus buried in menus which are, in turn, buried in
menus. I like that most of the menus on the Elecraft rigs are set once and
forget. This makes me happy. And, unlike some manufacturers, Elecraft actually
gives two craps about accessibility for blind operators. As someone or another
has said, everything is a compromise some way, and I think the choices Elecraft
has made in UI have been good ones, given other design criteria.

I can’t speak about the K3 at all, sorry. I have a K2 though, and also a KX3,
and think both are excellent. Both in performance and ergonomics.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or (814) 431-0962