Remember in "Oh God" when George Burns as God admitted to Denver that
he made a mistake and made the Avocado seed too large? I never forgot
that part of the movie. When it comes to the K3, my only real
ergonomics complaint the opposite of that seed problem, its that the
VFO B knob is just too small. It makes it more difficult to fine tune
a QRX transmit point and a larger knob would be more functional to
me. Otherwise I have no issues with the ergonomics of the K3.

73,
Gary
Ka1j

> In a post speaking to the Sherwood chart, it was said, "........too many
> people jump on one number to rate (rank) equipment and totally disregard
> things like ergonomics (If they didn't the K3 would be at the bottom of
> the list)."
>
> What is so bad about how the K3 is designed (ergonomics)? This is not
> the first time I have seen this said. I do not find it particularly
> challenging to use the panel controls or the menus - but, maybe that's
> just me. Is it the lack of curves and swirls or plastic molding? I go
> for functionality of design - not eye candy.
>
> The only thing I did to improve the controls on my K3 was to add a
> TenTec tire to the main VFO knob - it increases the diameter slightly
> and has a nicer feel to it than hard plastic.
>
> Bill K-Line

---
is active.