On 4/3/14 12:11 PM, Ian White wrote:
The *real* problem is that Elecraft has shown no interest in doing so. The stream of improvements that once made the K3 so exciting has slowed to a disappointing trickle, with too much still left undone.
Like ergonomics, this feeling isn't universal. I'd much rather have a few significant improvements, rather than a steady stream of upgrades. Apparently some people substitute "excitement" for "frustration," which was my response to the constant tweaks. In fact, I held off on buying a K3 for years because the steady stream made the radio feel unfinished. However, I will say that I do appreciate it when Elecraft fixes something. That is what separates them from many of the other manufacturers.
Yes to that! The K3 is my favorite radio ever... which is why I so hate
to see it being left with so many rough edges.
- but that isn't the point. The point is the 8000 K3s that are still
"unfinished business".

73 from Ian GM3SEK

You could always buy an Icom or a Yaesu. :-) Even their defective radios, like the 756Pro series or the FT2000, are finished business. Their tweaks upgrades come with a new tag and more $$$$$$. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here...) I suspect that because Elecraft actually makes real improvements to the K Line, these will always be "unfinished" to some degree, because someone, somewhere is always going to want a change they don't get.

73,
Scott, N9AA