My 2-bits:  |u>  and |d>

OK, what if Elecraft took the K3 and did a major ergonomic redesign of the
radio and called it the K3-Ergo.  It could be twice as large, many single
function buttons and dials and maybe even a more expanded multicolor LCD
screen.  But, assume SAME K3 functionality.

How much more would this cost, maybe $300, $500, or maybe $750 more?

As for me and my ham shack -- leave the ergonomics alone, they are fine by me.
I like the K3 for what it is, not what people think it should be.  When the
Elecraft bunch come out with a new radio, I will consider its benefits and
features but look-and-feel will not be on top of the list.  But, then, I like
the approach that Wayne and Eric and other other designers take on the radios
and other equipment.

73, phil, K7PEH